1. Jay Cutler, Audi R8 GT
If you haven’t heard of Jay Cutler, you must not be a football fan. As one of the most well-known quarterbacks in the game today, Cutler has distinguished himself on and off the gridiron. Between his marriage to reality star Kristin Cavallari, media appearances on television shows like South Park and The League, and his solid passing with the Bears, Cutler is living the high life that only a premier NFL quarterback could fathom.
There’s no better way to celebrate that success than with an awesome car. Cutler’s choice? The sleek Audi R8 GT. What makes this supercar special? Could it be the limited run? The hulking V10 engine? The aluminum wheels?
The truth is that all of this combines with a much nimbler handling package than any other R8 has ever had, making Cutler’s car of choice one of the coolest options out there. Sure, you’ve seen some Audi R8s passing you on the highway, but none as cool as Cutler’s nearly all-white model with orange side accents.
Page 2 of 16
1. Jay Cutler, Audi R8 GTIf you haven’t heard of Jay Cutler, you must not be a football fan. As one of the most well-known quarterbacks in the game today, Cutler has distinguished himself on and off the gridiron. Between his marriage to reality star Kristin Cavallari, media appearances on television shows like South Park and The League, and his solid passing with the Bears, Cutler is living the high life that only a premier NFL quarterback could fathom. There’s no better way to celebrate that success than with an awesome car. Cutler’s choice? The sleek Audi R8 GT. What makes this supercar special? Could it be the limited run? The hulking V10 engine? The aluminum wheels? The truth is that all of this combines with a much nimbler handling package than any other R8 has ever had, making Cutler’s car of choice one of the coolest options out there. Sure, you’ve seen some Audi R8s passing you on the highway, but none as cool as Cutler’s nearly all-white model with orange side accents.
Page 2 of 16
2. Jamaal Charles, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2If there was ever a car that defined the exotic car market, it may well be the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2. There’s no better way to make an awesome vehicle than to take the classic cues of a typical rear-wheel sport scar and combine it with all the innovation and style that comes with a Lamborghini. Another amazing bonus is that it comes with a customizable package. Charles is a standout running back for the Kansas City Chiefs and is one of the top five highest paid running backs in the league. That type of performance is rewarded very heavily in the NFL. In Charles’ case, that means raking in 18.1 million dollars last year. He earned the right to drive the Gallardo LP 550-2 convertible by being the NFL’s leader in career yards per carry average. Charles may have been a slow starter in his rookie season, but he’s more than made up for that with bringing his best to the game. And, he’s anything but slow on the track with this Lambo!
Page 3 of 16
3. Antrel Rolle, Maserati GranTurismoUnlike many exotic speedsters currently on the market, the Maserati GranTurismo bucks the cramped cockpit design and fits four very comfortably, but we’re sure that Antrel Rolle didn’t buy this set of wheels with comfort in mind! This All-American, Super Bowl champion is a safety for the Chicago Bears with more than 750 career tackles. If you’ve seen him play, you’re glad you’re just watching! He’s been recognized as one of the hardest hitters currently playing in the NFL. While you could never describe his in-your-face playing style as graceful, his car of choice certainly measures up on the finesse scale. The Italian made Maserati GranTurismo has the same platform as the Maserati Quattroporte V and has some of the same parts as the Ferrari 599 GTB and Scaglietti. Rolle’s edition is cherry red, but you’ll probably only ever see it as a red blur if you happened to be near it since it can clock in at a top speed of close to 185mph. Anyone who has ever been behind the wheel of this supercar realizes that Maserati knows how to get a lot out of their 4.2 Liter V8 engine.
4. Michael Oher, BMW 750Michael Oher was destined for anything but success. But, the impossible is always possible in pro sports. As one of 12 children born to Denise Oher living below the poverty line and facing the horrors of inner-city America, Oher bounced between foster homes and knew the plight of a hard life. His story was immortalized in the award winning movie, The Wild Side that starred Sandra Bullock. Hollywood glamor aside, Oher was an immediate breakout star on the gridiron. At six foot four inches and tipping the scales at 315 pounds, Oher isn’t someone you could easily miss. His BMW 750 may not grab your attention as quickly, but this is one luxury car that showcases Oher’s style and preference for the finer things in life. If you’ve never driven a 7 series BMW, you’re missing out on what might be the smoothest V8 engine on the market. Smooth is definitely something Oher cares about, hence the all black model he picked with custom low-rise rims.
5. Joe Haden, Lamborghini MurciélagoWhoever said that nice guys finish last never met NFL cornerback, Joe Haden. When he’s driving a Lamborghini Murciélago, this nice-guy will always capture the checkered flag. A V12 engine and scissor doors should be enough to shake that good-guy reputation really quick—even if you’re the beloved All-American cornerback of the Cleveland Browns. Haden’s Lambo is truly unmissable: All white exterior with red leather interior and all the aggressive styling cues you'd expect from the flagship Lamborghini of 2001 to 2010. While the Murciélago was succeeded by the Aventador, anyone who’s ever had the pleasure of driving the Murciélago knows just how awesome it was.
6. Colin Kaepernick, Jaguar F TypeDo you think you’ve heard all the rags to riches stories in pro sports? Chances are you haven’t heard of Colin Kaepernick’s tale. Born to a destitute single mother, Kaepernick clawed his way to success in athletics and academia, making him one of the smartest guys on the field, as well as one of the most impressive offensive players in the game today. While Kaepernick may be one of the best there is, he’s also not afraid to revel in it and show it off at big games. His signature celebratory dance after a big play includes a double biceps pose where he kisses both arms. Sounds flashy? It sure is and that’s why we aren’t surprised that he owns a Jaguar F Type. One look at this Jaguar and you immediately take notice of the long front and aggressive styling cues. This thing screams speed and class with a supercharged V8 that has nearly 500 horses at its disposal. It is a definite heavyweight when it comes to power and performance.
7. Larry Fitzgerald, Mercedes Benz SL550Larry Fitzgerald may be one of the all-time greatest receivers in NFL history. He has all the skills and drive to be the best the game has ever seen—he just needs to be partnered with a world-class quarterback and his name could transcend the sport in very little time. Fitzgerald has a lot of flash on and off the field, but when it comes to the street, Fitzgerald is in a class all his own! His car collection is rather impressive. He owns a rebuilt classic Mustang Shelby, a restored turbo-charged 1970 Dodge Charger, a BMW 745i and a tricked out Range Rover. With all that rubber on his driveway, it’s hard to really pick out a standout vehicle, but when you look a little closer, Fitzgerald’s Mercedes Benz SL550 is the clear winner. With 833 horses under the hood, this RENNtech boosted Benz might just be the fastest that the speedy receiver will ever have the luxury of driving. If you’ve ever seen it, we’re sure you couldn’t get a clear look at it considering how fast it passed you.
8. Tom Brady, Rolls-Royce GhostIf you don’t know Tom Brady, you’re only reading this article for the cool cars, and that’s totally acceptable—especially in this case. If it weren’t bad enough that he has one of the best-made cars on the planet, he also gets to ride in it with his supermodel wife, Gisele Bundchen. Brady, one of the league’s best quarterbacks, owns a Rolls-Royce Ghost. The Ghost is everything you’d want in a luxury sedan that most statesmen would kill for with all the engine and suspension innovations that come standard from Rolls. At a paltry $255,000 price tag, Brady won’t even have to deflate too many footballs to make sure he’s always got one in his garage.
9. Frank Gore, Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead CoupéNever heard of Frank Gore? You must not be paying attention on Monday nights. Gore is one of the most decorated and respected running backs in the NFL with eight 1,000 yard rushing seasons and five Pro Bowl selections during his career. Gore is a lock to be picked for a future Hall of Fame induction. What says Hall of Fame more than the iconic brand, Rolls-Royce? The Phantom Drophead Coupé is the epitome of everything you’d expect from Rolls Royce—and so much more! Simply put: it is quite possibly the most impressive convertible ever made. With rearward opening coach doors, you’re more likely to think you’re stepping into an English gentleman’s clubroom than a vehicle when you sit in the Phantom. Gore opted for an all-black exterior instead of the typical two-tone that Rolls originally equipped this vehicle with. We figure he wanted to bring a little less attention to himself, but in this car, everyone’s going to notice you—even if you aren’t one of the best running backs in the NFL.
10. Rob Gronkowski, Mercedes Benz S63Never go car shopping with Rob Gronkowski. The story goes that when Gronk (as he’s been affectionately named by his fans and the media alike) and his father went to their local Mercedes dealership, the Patriots’ tight end couldn’t contain his enthusiasm or lack of knowledge. At least he knew enough to visit a Benz dealer when it came time to select a cool car (special nod to his dad for steering him well). His choice was the ever-popular S63 that’s roomy enough to fit his 6 foot 6 inch, 265 pound frame with ease. The way we see it, a four-door sedan that has 577 horses at its disposal is worthy of an NFL All-star.
11. Reggie Bush, Mustang GT 500 Fastback “Eleanor”About the only thing that could eclipse Reggie Bush’s notoriety is the all-time classic Mustang GT 500, or Eleanor, as its become known due in large part to Hollywood’s use of it in both Gone in 60 Seconds movies. How important is this car to automotive history? It’s the only car that ever received actual billing as a star in a motion picture and, while the car was produced in 1967, demand for the vehicle has never waned. Bush’s Eleanor boasts a 7.0 Liter engine with a four speed manual transmission. Oh, and one more small point, it’s the eighth one that came off the production line. Bush knows his cars and owning a true Eleanor, instead of a rebuilt modification of a late 60s Fastback, clearly illustrated his taste. While he may produce a bit of a media circus at times, his skills on the gridiron will never be tarnished, but we’re a little shocked that he put this classic up on the DuPont registry to be auctioned off at a whopping $300,000 starting bid.
12. Darren McFadden, Bentley GTDarren McFadden may not be the best running back in the NFL, but he definitely loves cars. By all accounts, he owns several special vehicles, including a Cadillac Escalade, a 1973 Buick Centurion with tricked-out oversized wheels and a silver Bentley Continental GT. Clearly he has varied tastes, but we can respect that—especially when one of the tastes is the super-cool, luxurious and speedy Bentley GT. Most car guys know that this car is what brought Bentley back to the global dance when it comes to being a supercar giant. And, with a twin turbo engine that has 567 horses, yet providing an experience that can still make you want to ask your neighbor at a red light for some Grey Poupon, it’s obviously a well-deserved reputation.
13. Calvin Johnson, Porsche PanameraLet’s get one thing out of the way right now: The Porsche Panamera is a great car, but we’ll never be able to reconcile the fact that it has four doors. Porsche purists know exactly what we mean by this, but if we can all look past the additional two doors, the Panamera is a truly incredible car. Think of it as a stretched out 911 with all the interior amenities of a base model Bentley and a powerful V8 that has been clocked capping out at more than 300mph! No wonder Calvin Johnson snapped one up to add to his growing car collection. His edition is electric blue with custom rims that have matching blue accents and comes with all the performance you’d expect from a Porsche. Why is Johnson so lucky to be cruising around with such a sweet ride? Simply put: Calvin Johnson is one of the greatest all-around athletes in the game today. He combines the size, speed and on-the-spot playmaking ability that any elite level athlete has with an unstoppable approach to the game. Why did you think they called him Megatron?
14. Darrelle Revis, Range Rover EvoqueOne of the most overused terms in sports and cars is the word ‘best,’ but when it comes to Derrelle Revis, and his Range Rover Evoque, the term is aptly used to describe them both. When you sign a five year, 70 million dollar contract with the New York Jets, you have to be one of the best. When you can take all the comfort and driving features of a Range Rover and make it more environmentally friendly, and look more stylish at the same time, you deserve the term ‘best’ in your trophy case as well. With his white and black Evoque ready on the sidelines, Revis will be a force on and off the gridiron for years to come.
15. Vernon Davis, Bentley Continental GT ConvertibleVernon Davis is an admitted car guy. With a custom, jet-black Ford F150 truck, Mercedes Benz S63, Porsche Panamera and a custom Dodge Challenger in his driveway, he certainly qualifies for the car-guy club. Why do we think he should be listed as an MVP? In addition to all these great rides, he’s also the proud owner of a Bentley Continental GTC. The Continental is a great car—we all know that. The GTC really takes that up a notch in the style department with custom interior designs and add-ons. Davis tricked his out with 22” rims by Forgiato Estremos and a 4” chrome lip on the front of the car. That’s how you take something classy and sophisticated and make it your own in style, which is exactly what you’d expect from a former NPC Champion and one of the highest paid tight ends of all time.